Saturday, February 13, 2021

Steve Kesey Clubman

My long time friend Steve Kesey, brought his Clubman over a while back, to have a custom center stand installed, an oil leak checked, and a charging system check- 

His bike is my old original Viper 500, that I had ridden well over 250,000 miles since acquiring it in 1979 on my visit to see my friend Geoff Blanthorn in the UK, and to watch the Isle of Man TT, and be my mount to tour around on.

After riding it for years and many, many rebuilds, I had parked it, and one day Steve asked if I might consider selling.  -Yes - but only if I could run it through my shop rebuild process first, with Steve covering parts costs, and I would donate my labor. Giving my old Viper 500 a fresh lease on life was the best gift to both it, and to Steve, that I could offer. - -


above image is Steve's Viper 500 - fresh from my workshop 

and image below is of me with it in 1979 when I purchased it. Photo taken by my cousin Wim, when visiting him in Amsterdam Holland on our tour of Amsterdam's  famed 'red light district '

Viper 500, as it is a Viper 350 , but has had a Venom 500 top end fitted ( barrel, piston and cylinder head ) 



1 comment: