Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Andrew Collins MAC and KSS

 Andrew Collins drove up from California and dropped off a couple of his bikes in need of a bit of service work a couple years ago. I have been slowly sorting out what they need, and working them through, to bring them back so they can be once again 'used as intended'. 

He brought up a new BTH electronic magneto set, and a Bronze Head for me to fit on the MAC and was to be a fast turn around project - but life got in the way, and I found the MAC was in need of a bit more unexpected work to bring it back. 

Previous owner had noted an excessive oiling issue, and installed an amazing piping system to drain the oil from the head's valve spring cups - rather then sort out the basic oiling problem -which is actually pretty simple, and an easy fix. - I am working out to do a little video to show how the rocker box oiling system works - as I am sure it will help others, that might run across similar problems.  










3 comments: