Friday, February 19, 2021

Jim's Clubman

Jim's Clubman project, photographed while in the shed here in Lakebay. This particular project was one we started with Mike A. in New Jersey. Mike wanted a kit of used parts that could be assembled into a little Cafe' Velo as a 'built from bits from the attic' budget bike. I have done a bunch of these for my friends over the 33 years I have had my shop, as it offered a way for me to move dead inventory, and used stock from my attic Velocette motor cycle wrecking yard. Like building a giant - 3000 part, full scale model kit that you can actually ride when you get done. This particular one has many miles on it , as it has been shipped back and forth from Lakebay to New Jersey a couple of times, as Mike would do a bit of work on it in New Jersey, then I would some in Lakebay, etc. After about twenty five years of hit and miss building, Mike decided it was time to sell his interest in our project on to another giant scale modeler, and found Jim S. willing to take it on, hopefully seeing it into it's final assembly, running and riding it. Jim has our project in his shed at the moment - working on the last leg of the build - and of late I have been helping Jim with parts for the building of the engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment