Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Bill Collings Velocette

Bill Collings, owner of Collings Guitars in Austin Texas, sent me his project Velo a few years back , not long before he passed away, to have me do a full rebuild to Thruxton spec. When completed his bike will be going to his daughter Sara. 

When I asked Bill what style and finish he was after, he said he wanted his bike finished like the one I had done some years earlier for another customer that he had seen photos of, that we built and was owned & ridden by Bill Maxwell for quite a number of years. 

Images of Bill Maxwell's Venom with full Thruxton kit, using 90 percent newly made,  post production parts - is Bill Collings vision of how his bike is to be built. 




The bike I started with - hanging in Bill's workshop at Collings Guitars in Austin Texas 






No comments:

Post a Comment