Friday, February 19, 2021

Allen Dow Venom

Greg McBride recently posted this photo on Velocette Motorcycles Facebook page, and I recall the bike as one Allen Dow from California asked me to rebuild for him many years ago - - - Unfortunately - I have suffered and live with mental issues, for most of my adult life, bipolar , ADD, and terrible depression bouts, that I have been taking treatments and meds for many years to combat it the best I can - but it still occasionally rears up and swings it's axe - a true demon from within. - As I was nearing the completion on Allen's bike, I had a massive attack / breakdown- forcing me to call Allen to take his bike away. He had someone collect it immediately, and found Paul Zell in San Francisco to finish it. I do warranty all my work, so if you are reading this Greg, and find anything terribly amiss - do let me know -. I believe I have the original workshop notes and file on the bike, letters between Allen and me, etc, somewhere in my records -

No comments:

Post a Comment