Saturday, November 4, 2023

Time to get out the Singer

Our Singer walking foot commercial machine from our Gilkison Boatbuilding Company days, that Mom used to make the cushions for our boats for many years. My brother and I both do a bit of sewing. I have all the manuals for it and will be giving it a service .and spend lots of time getting use to it. My brother John installed a speed reducer pulley to bring it down to standard home sewing speed, from fast commercial speed. Now to spend a lot of time on it honing my skill level , to enable me to do motorcycle seat covers, boat cushions & sails , tool rolls, etc.
A custom seat project where our commercial Singer is suited -
I have a few of these seats on order to do. Velo Thruxton front, with a Fi-Glass sloping hump rear - some will have a tool pocket in the hump -







No comments:

Post a Comment