Friday, March 19, 2021

My BMW's

A few folks have asked about my BMW's. - The first BMW I had was a 1960 R69S - that I purchased from Fred Terbeck- Owner of BMW Center in Seattle, back around 1975. I sold it to a friend in Yakima Washington, to fund the Velocette Viper/Venom I was purchasing and collecting in the UK in 1979. Then the last BMWs - R60/5s- I had were from John Dolber in Boston, Mass. - sent out in trade against an engine rebuild I had done on his MSS, and other bits for Velo projects. The black R60/5 was sold to a lady in Port Townsend - who was thrilled with it, and the white R60/5 was sold to Allyn Smith, who later traded it to his Dad, my long time friend John Smith, who we also helped with his many Velo projects - All the BMWs I had were great bikes - In the end though, I did not hang onto them - as I prefer a Velo.

No comments:

Post a Comment