Friday, March 12, 2021

Back Home following surgery -

Greetings from Lakebay, My cancer operation for prostate removal went well on Tuesday, back home on Wednesday late afternoon. Very tender down in those parts now ! , and will be wearing a Foley catheter and leg bag for a week or so, while healing. Getting stronger everyday, and was able to walk - just - the evening after surgery. A couple things I wanted to do, I might be able to get a chance to now during this healing process. -Years ago Don Holton in Florida sent me his KTT Mk8 engine for rebuild, and at that time, I contacted Ivan Rhodes about my project, and Ivan freely advised, sent drawings and info. About that same time I was given a copy of the KTT MK8 Spares list as well. Don Holton's wife then had health issues, and he decided to sell off his collection, and the KTT as well as other bikes were purchased by Randy Baxter in Iowa. Randy sent me what he had of the KTT project and I worked on it as I had time. Then family health issues of my own had crept in , and I had to pause the work and sent the unfinished project back to Randy. While the bike was here, I was able to do quite a lot of work on it, and Ivan, though half a world away, was always ' at my side ' with help and guidance. This 'down time' during my recovery, is the perfect time for me to scan all the KTT info I have collected up. - The second thing that I wanted to do, that I don't believe has been done, is showcase the cartoons that have been in Fishtail. Geoff Blanthorn was friendly with the cartoonists that contributed during the early years of the club. My Fishtail VOC Club magazine goes back to 1971 when I first joined the group, and Geoff's collection goes back a bit further -

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear everything went well. Hoping for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete