Saturday, July 13, 2019

The Bob Strode Velocette MAC America




My long time friend -Bob Strode, from Yakima - who I had bought my little Velocette motor cycle business from 31 years ago, stopped in to get parts to start his next Velocette project bike , after we lunched at the world famous - Lulu's Homeport Cafe - which is practically at the end of our driveway, - we came back into the shed and loaded up. I then snapped a few, , 'Walk Around' photos of the Bob Strode Velocette Mac America. that he brought out to show me. -
Bob Strode called and asked if it would be alright to come over and start getting bits for a second MAC America project. I had started pulling bits from my upstairs wrecking yard / 'second handy department' the evening before, when I got his text. He had brought over his first prototype for me to see, and very nice it is. He said he had overdone it a bit, as it turned into a Bob Strode Special, and went way beyond what he had first envisioned -
Will be keeping everybody posted as to how his projects build develops -
Here are the 'walk around' photos I took of his first MAC America effort -










No comments:

Post a Comment