Thursday, July 11, 2019

Ed's school of Velocette- 













A couple years ago - - I had a go at having the kids over and seeing if they had any interest in putting together a Velocette. I had asked my friend Will Perry from Seattle, if I could use his bike to teach the kids how to start and ride a Velocette. as his is a 350cc Velocette Viper model. and would be easier to master the starting drill on.
- I gave it a shot, but in the end I had to stop the program, as I was taking too much time away from my work needed on customers bikes. But I must say -it was a very fun experience for me and I believe for them.
- Will the kids get a Velocette? I hope so, but their bikes will be built with my own hands, and be of my own choice of model. I have a very large stock of second hand parts, and I really enjoy the building process. But for now, I have a fair amount of customers jobs in the shop. & all my customers have been incredibly patient with me on their own projects. But they also ask how the kids are doing on their own bikes.
- I worry also about the kids riding on the road, with most have no riding experience other then up and down the drive - etc.
But I hope it will work out and I will see them on Velos, built by me here in Lakebay - Sometime in the future when someone might say " wow there sure are a lot of young riders on old bikes in the Lakebay area - - - that would be a great legacy -

No comments:

Post a Comment