Saturday, April 1, 2023

Servicing the Webb girder front fork on Larry Wright's 1948 Velocette MSS 500

 Larry Wright was up from Portland Oregon, with the Webb Girder forks off his 1948 Velocette MSS 500 for service yesterday. With new fork spindles and fork bushes in hand he had purchased through the Velocette Owners Club, UK , I set to work at removing the old bushes, fitting the new bushes, and fitting the spindles to the fork links, then finally reaming the new bushes to size.

This would have made an awesome video, of how I service a set of Webb forks, but I didn't take the time to stop and take even one photo. The job took a lot longer then normal, about two hours, as the bushes and spindles and links all needed careful fitting, and took about 8 hours - from ten till six - working straight through, with no breaks . Oh well - next time -.
I have been feeling much better, and had a very enjoyable day -
Some photos I lifted from Larry's Facebook page








1 comment: