Friday, November 18, 2022

Velocette Motorcycles is the Facebook group I have been on the longest, contributing regularly -

Amazing ! We are now approaching 10,000 members in this Facebook group- Velocette Motorcycles !! Many years back when Pete Young had started the group, membership had stalled at about 165 or so. Pete contacted me at that time, and asked if I would contribute photos and stories, that I have collected and saved over the years, I said of course, though was not that clever with the computer - but would give it my best shot. With 'Windows for Dummies' at my side next to my keyboard, I learned how to scan images out of my many scrap books , and from many shoe boxes of slides and prints, and posted several every day for the next three or four years - over three thousand was my count at one time. I get bad depression occasionally - and would delete loads of images - Then when back to being myself, wold kick myself for doing that, and make a load of new postings - Hope everyone has been enjoying my postings - I have well over 10,000 images on hand I have been sorting through, plus the ones I have been adding daily from work I do in the shed on customers bikes. Again - Thank You Pete Young for forcing me to learn the computer ., and allowing me to continue my postings to your Facebook group ! - image of Pete Young taken a few years back, on his rigid MSS 500 with side car -

No comments:

Post a Comment