Friday, November 18, 2022

Bob Strode's Dirt Track Velocette

Scanned Polaroid photos of Bob Strode's dirt track Velocette, I took when I was it's custodian, taken outside the shed here in Lakebay. The only time I started it was when my friend Dale Martinson was over and asked if it ran - ! When Bob moved to Yakima Washington. Bob had sold it to me at a very friendly price ( $1000 ), then Bill Stebbins heard that I now had the bike and sent me the bikes title, as he had supplied Bob with the original bikes engine and gearbox. A couple years later Bill asked about the bike, and asked if he could have it, as he had helped Bob with the designing and had actually owned it - ( he had posted me it's title earlier on ) Bill was a good friend, and I was happy to oblige , and let Bill add it to his collection. Selling it to Bill for what I had paid Bob. The little track bike was always with Bob - until I had it, so Bill never really had a chance to have it with him, to be able to just sit and admire - I am thrilled that it is back now with the Strode family and in the care of Bob's son Gary Strode.

1 comment: