Sunday, July 3, 2022

Made in India replica Webb forks

I purchased this set of replica Webb forks, for a customer, when they first were available, some years ago. Shortly after, I was able to turn up an original set of Webbs for my customer, so this replica set has been been stored in the attic untill recently, when I had a customer ask if I wold sell it. After getting it out and checking it over, I found there was no center steering dampener fitted, the spindles were loose in their bores, the side dampener was not set up to be operational, no spindle washers etc. So went through them and corrected a lot of areas to make them operational. The handlebar clamps were missing, but had a set of chrome 'bobber style' handlebar riser mounts to go with it. I have not checked out any of the made in India forks being offered currently to see how they are, but was pleased that I had a stock of original Webb spares to sort these out.

No comments:

Post a Comment