Wednesday, June 8, 2016






My new blog !-

http://edgilkisonvelocetteworkshop.blogspot.com

Besides my blog - 'Ed Gilkison Velocette' -, which I am copying all the posts I put up on Pete Young's - 'Velocette Motorcycles' - fb group. both current ones and eventually all I have posted.
I am now starting a second blog - 'Ed Gilkison's Velocette Workshop - In the Shed with Ed' . and will be covering how I rebuild engines , gearboxes, etc detailing how, and why I do certain things that others have showed me and I have learned over the years.
What prompted me to do this second workshop blog, was Elizabeth and Frank Recoder's visit here over the Memorial Day holiday weekend. Frank had always farmed out most of the work needed on his bikes - because nobody was willing to take the time to show him the correct way to do the work. Frank had sent up his Thruxton engine that had holed it's piston for rebuild. I spent four days with Frank, showing him how I rebuild 'em, -with Elizabeth taking photos, to help Frank remember my speed course on 'The Knowledge'. . 



No comments:

Post a Comment