Sunday, October 9, 2022

Camera's

I have been capturing images with my phone for so long, I have been looking at getting back to basics and trying my hand at using film. Most of my early photography was with an Olympus OM1 35 mm film camera. I have been digging out the cameras that my grandfather had, and the ones that Dad had. My grandfather Bill Schwab, who had the Buckley Nursury Company, had a large format early film camera that he used to photograph not only family, but also plants etc. around the nursury. Dad used a 35 mm Kodak film camera as his main camera when he was in the service, around the house, and trips to Alaska. But the camera that caught my eye was Dad's first camera. Dad's first camera, from when he was in high school ( 1943 - 1947 ) A ' Vigilant Junior Six-20 Kodak film camera. This is the camera I want to use to get back into shooting with film , as it is a very basic all manual camera, but medium format with large negative so you can get good detail. We even still have some of the gear for at-home film processing, and film is still available for it.

1 comment:

  1. The OM system was a great platform and I use many of the old OM lenses with a converter on my Sony these days. Definitely try your hand on the large format, if you can! you'll love the quality that it produces.

    ReplyDelete